Last Modified: April 16, 2020
Focus IP, Inc. dba Appdetex (“Appdetex”) provides products and services related to domain name registration and digital brand protection services. You share information with us, for example, by logging into and accessing our online products and services. As a domain name registrar, Appdetex registers domain names in compliance with rules and regulations adopted by domain name regulatory entities. As you use our services, we want you to understand how we are using the information that you provide to us and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
When we transfer your information to any third-party companies (e.g. analytics or web hosting vendors), we will require that they maintain the same level of security as Appdetex and only use any personal information in compliance with the relevant contractual requirements.
Gathering of Information/Log Files. We do collect personally identifiable information about individuals, such as their name, email address, phone number, and location, when such individuals voluntarily provide such information to us by registering with us or using our website. Once you become a user, you may provide additional information in the My Account section. We use that information to contact you or send you information regarding maintenance or updates when necessary. In addition, our IP address log is used to gather broad demographic information. Our site receives feedback from subscribers primarily through email. This information is not shared with any third party except as set forth above or unless you authorize us to do so.
Appdetex does not collect personally identifiable information to send out marketing materials. If you receive any such materials, however, you can Opt-Out of receiving marketing materials by emailing us at the following address: abusecomplaints@Appdetex.com.
Data Collection For Domain Name Registration. When Appdetex customers place an order for the registration of a domain name and/or when customers correct or update registration information, customers are required to provide information such as the following: first name, last name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number. All such information is required in order to provide the service requested unless otherwise stated at the time. Customers will also be required to provide the name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number of the technical, administrative and billing contacts associated with the domain name. Once the domain name has been registered, the registration agreement requires customers to correct and promptly update this information to maintain accuracy. Although such information is provided to Appdetex by its corporate customers, it may contain personal data.
Such provision of personal data is mandatory under the rules adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and/or local domain name registries, notably for publication in the applicable domain name WHOIS (a service offered by each domain name registry and registrar that allows public users to check domain name registration details). In compliance with Appdetex’s obligations as a domain name registrar, Appdetex is also required to collect further mandatory data in relation to domain names including (1) the domain name (2) original creation date (3) expiration date and (4) the names of the primary and secondary nameservers for the domain together with IP addresses.
Appdetex will also log other identifying details necessary for the provision of domain registration services and to ensure Appdetex only acts on your instructions, such as written communications, confirmations, modifications and any other related correspondence, payment source information, log files, billing records, other communications information such as source IP address, HTTP headers and any other records concerning domain registration such as dates, times, zones and sessions.
The information which customers provide when registering a domain name is required to allow Appdetex to properly handle the customer’s domain name registration, administer the customer’s account (including notifying the customer about matters related to the domain name, such as renewal or updates) and to provide other services that the customer has ordered from Appdetex.
In providing Appdetex with personal data about other individuals (such as someone in whose name customer is registering or the domain name’s technical or billing contacts) customer represents that customer has notified each of such individuals of the following: (1) the purposes for which the personal data will be used; (2) the recipients of the individual’s personal data; and (3) how the individual can access and correct the personal data. Customer further represents and acknowledges that customer has obtained all necessary consents from any such individuals in connection with providing their personal data to Appdetex.
- Disclosure Of Data For Domain Name Registration Purposes. In accordance with the requirements imposed on Appdetex as a domain name registrar, Appdetex is required to disclose your domain name registration information, which may include personal data, in the following instances: (1) WHOIS data is made available to the public for free query-based access; (2) domain related data, including communications between Appdetex and Customer, is made available to ICANN and domain name registries pursuant to their applicable rules and regulations; (3) Appdetex must escrow domain related data as often as is required to reputable third parties appointed by ICANN or domain registries; and (4) third parties are able to access WHOIS data in bulk provided such third parties agree, in pertinent part, not to use such data improperly, such as for the transmission of spam or unsolicited email. If a domain name customer orders additional products and services, that order may require disclosure of personal data to additional third parties. Customers will be notified at the time of the order about the nature and scope of any such disclosure of personal data and the applicable third parties receiving such data.
- Security. We have state-of-the-art security systems that are protecting your user account. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we do our utmost to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and all information which you transmit to Appdetex is done at your own risk. We recommend that you do not divulge your user identification or password to anyone and that you do not provide access to your account to any third party. Also remember to sign out of your account, close the browser window and delete any cookies when you have completed your work.
- Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that any personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Appdetex will promptly notify, by email or as otherwise required by applicable law, those persons whose personal information has been compromised.
- Delete/Deactivate. Our Web Site gives you the option of changing your personal information. You may modify your account information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link in your account page. You may also modify your account information at any time by sending an email to info@Appdetex.com. Additionally, you may cancel your access to the Web Site pursuant to the Domain Name Registration Service Agreement. Once your access is cancelled or you are no longer a user or customer, your information is deleted within twelve (12) months or as earlier required by any applicable law.
- Children. Appdetex does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In addition, with respect to domain name registration, the disclosure of personal data to ICANN and domain name registries necessarily involves the transfer of personal data to entities located outside the EU and/or the EEA in order to perform the services. Other involved third parties may be located outside the EEA.
IF YOU PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION TO APPDETEX THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE, YOU REPRESENT AND AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO DO SO AND THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED ANY NECESSARY CONSENTS OR AUTHORIZATIONS TO PROVIDE ANY SUCH INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INFORMATION COVERED BY ANY DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION OR REGULATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), AND RELATED DATA PROTECTION LAWS.
- YouTube API Services. If you are using an Appdetex website product or service or any other Appdetex product or service, you are hereby notified of the following:
- Certain Appdetex products and/or services utilize or require the use of the YouTube API Services (terms available at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms) in order to access the information required to provide the applicable Appdetex product or service;
- Such YouTube API Services use is subject to YouTube’s Terms of Service (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms) in order to access the YouTube API Services;
- Appdetex, through its products and services, collects YouTube API data to determine online uses of customer data, including infringing uses of customer intellectual property, confidential information, proprietary information, libel, slander, or other illegal or potentially illegal activity related to the customers, the API Client accesses, collects, stores and otherwise uses;
- Appdetex uses, processes, and shares the YouTube API data information with its customer making data requests through the applicable product or service and the information is processed internally at Appdetex in order to present and share the acquired YouTube API data with the customer, and/or any external authorized representatives of customer including its attorneys;
- Appdetex use of the YouTube API does not permit third parties to serve content to customers that are using the applicable Appdetex products or services and no advertisements or third parties materials, other than the YouTube API data is provided through the YouTube API Services;
- Appdetex stores, accesses or collects information directly from customers’ browsers, including by placing, accessing or recognizing cookies or similar technology on users’ browsers, for purposes of providing the Appdetex products or services to customer, in accordance with Appdetex cookies policy set forth separately herein;
- If customer has any other questions, concerns, or complaints regarding use of its YouTube API data, customer can contact Appdetex with its questions, concerns, or complaints about Appdetex privacy practices at Attn: Krissa Wrigley at: info@Appdetex.com.
Google Analytics. Appdetex uses Google Analytics, Google Advt or AdRoll to conduct our business. These are tools/services used by many companies. You are hereby notified of the following:
- That Appdetex uses Google Analytics to track user behavior;
- That Appdetex user data is collected and processed for improving products and services and, from time to time, Appdetex may wish to contact you, with your prior consent, about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you;
- Appdetex may also utilize user data for purposes of retargeting services, including AdRoll or Google Ad;
- Appdetex and/or its third-party vendors, including AdRoll, may place cookies on users’ devices to collect data;
- Appdetex may utilize various types of user data to delivering targeted ads;
- That from time to time, Appdetex utilizes the services of third parties for the purposes of delivering targeted ads based on analyzing user activity;
Customers California’s “Shine the Light” law
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. (Note: Our site does not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ.) As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. secondary nameservers for the domain together with IP addresses.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on a Do Not Track signal in their browser, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they do not track the user. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we use other technology that is standard to the internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to the website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. For information on how to opt out from tracking technologies used on our website, see our Cookies Policy.
Focus IP, Inc. dba Appdetex
508 S. 8th St.
Boise, Idaho 83702
Attn: Krissa Wrigley, Director of Operations
or email us at: info@Appdetex.com
© Copyright 2020 Focus, IP, Inc. (dba Appdetex). All Rights Reserved.