Last Modified: March 7, 2019
Focus IP, Inc. dba AppDetex (“AppDetex”) provides products and services related to domain name registration and mobile app space services. You share information with us, for example, by logging into and accessing our online products and services. As a domain name registrar, AppDetex registers domain names in compliance with rules and regulations adopted by domain name regulatory entities. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we are using the information that you provide to us and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
When we transfer your information to any third-party companies (e.g. analytics or web hosting vendors), we will ensure they maintain the same level of security as AppDetex and only use the data in compliance with the relevant contractual requirements.
2. Gathering of Information/Log Files. We do collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, and location, when you voluntarily provide it to us by registering with us or using our website. Once you become a user, you may provide additional information in the My Account section. We use that information to contact you or send you information regarding maintenance or updates when necessary. In addition, our IP address log is used to gather broad demographic information. Our site receives feedback from subscribers primarily through email. This information is not shared with any third party except as set forth above or unless you authorize us to do so.
AppDetex does not collect personally identifiable information to send out marketing materials. If you receive any such materials, however, you can Opt-Out of receiving marketing materials by emailing us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Data Collection For Domain Name Registration. When AppDetex customers place an order for the registration of a domain name and/or when customers correct or update registration information, customers are required to provide information such as the following: first name, last name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number. All such information is required in order to provide the service requested unless otherwise stated at the time. Customers will also be required to provide the name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number of the technical, administrative and billing contacts associated with the domain name. Once the domain name has been registered, the registration agreement requires customers to correct and promptly update this information to maintain accuracy. Although such information is provided to AppDetex by its corporate customers, it may contain personal data.
Such provision of personal data is mandatory under the rules adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and/or local domain name registries, notably for publication in the applicable domain name WHOIS (a service offered by each domain name registry that allows users to check domain name registration details). In compliance with AppDetex’s obligations as a domain name registrar, AppDetex is required to collect further mandatory data in relation to domain names including (1) the domain name (2) original creation date (3) expiration date and (4) the names of the primary and secondary nameservers for the domain together with IP addresses.
AppDetex will also log other identifying details necessary for the provision of domain registration services and to ensure AppDetex only acts on your instructions, such as written communications, confirmations, modifications and any other related correspondence, payment source information, log files, billing records, other communications information such as source IP address, HTTP headers and any other records concerning domain registration such as dates, times, zones and sessions.
The information which customers provide when registering a domain name is required to allow AppDetex to properly handle the customer’s domain name registration, administer the customer’s account, including notifying the customer about matters related to the domain name, such as renewal or updates and to provide other services that the customer has ordered from AppDetex.
In providing personal data about other individuals (such as someone in whose name customer is registering or the domain name’s technical or billing contacts) customer represents that customer has notified them of each of the following: (1) the purposes for which information will be used; (2) the recipients of their personal data; and (3) how the individual can access and correct the information. Customer further represents and acknowledges that customer has obtained all necessary consents from any such individuals.
5. Disclosure Of Data For Domain Name Registration Purposes. In accordance with the requirements imposed on AppDetex as a domain name registrar, AppDetex is required to disclose your domain name registration information, which may include personal data, as follows: (1) WHOIS data is available to the public for free query-based access; (2) domain related data, including communications between AppDetex and Customer, are made available to ICANN and domain name registries pursuant to their applicable rules and regulations; (3) AppDetex must escrow domain related data as often as is required to reputable third parties appointed by ICANN or domain registries; and (4) third parties are able to access WHOIS data in bulk provided such third parties agree, in pertinent part, not to use them improperly such as for the transmission of spam or unsolicited email. If a domain name customer orders additional products and services, this may require disclosure of personal data to additional third parties. Customers will be notified at the time of the order about the nature and scope of any such disclosure and the applicable third parties.
7. Security. We have state-of-the-art security systems that are protecting your user account. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we do our utmost to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and all information which you transmit to AppDetex is done at your own risk. We recommend that you do not divulge your user identification or password to anyone and that you do not provide access to your account to any third party. Also remember to sign out of your account, close the browser window and delete any cookies when you have completed your work.
8. Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that any personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, AppDetex will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised by email, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
9. Delete/Deactivate. Our Web Site gives you the option of changing your personal information. You may modify your account information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link in your account page. You may also modify your account information at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Additionally, you may cancel your access to the Web Site pursuant to the Domain Name Registration Service Agreement. Once your access is cancelled or you are no longer a user or customer, your information is deleted within twelve (12) months or as earlier required by law, if applicable.
10. Children. AppDetex does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, AppDetex commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our PrivacyShield policy should first contact AppDetex at: Data Protection Officer, DPO@appdetex.com.
AppDetex has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to PrivacyTrust, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and within the EU and Worldwide. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit PrivacyTrust for more information (https://www.privacytrust.com/about/) or to file a complaint: Raise a privacy shield complaint with PrivacyTrust.
The services of PrivacyTrust are provided at no cost to you.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over AppDetex’s compliance with the Privacy Shield. Additionally, an individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance and for resolution of claimed violations of the Privacy Shield Principles not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms, please see the Privacy Shield website for additional information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Moreover, in conjunction with the Privacy Shield, AppDetex commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable, and comply with the advice given by the panel and/or Commissioner, as applicable, with regard to data transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland, as applicable.
With respect to domain name registration, the disclosure of personal data to ICANN and domain name registries necessarily involves the transfer of personal data to entities located outside the EEA in order to perform the services. Other third parties may be located outside the EEA.
However, please be advised, that in the context of an onward transfer of personal information, a Privacy Shield organization has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. The Privacy Shield organization shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
IF YOU PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION TO APPDETEX THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE, YOU REPRESENT AND AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO DO SO AND THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED ANY NECESSARY CONSENTS OR AUTHORIZATIONS TO PROVIDE ANY SUCH INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INFORMATION COVERED BY ANY DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION OR REGULATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), AND RELATED DATA PROTECTION LAWS.
Focus IP, Inc. dba AppDetex 609 West Main Street Suite 202, Boise Idaho 83702
Attn: Ben Milam, General Counsel
or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2019 Focus, IP, Inc. (dba AppDetex). All Rights Reserved.