Registrar Operations Director
Appdetex, a global brand protection leader, is seeking an accomplished and passionate individual to join our Corporate Registrar team.
The Director, Registrar Operations position is responsible for the operations of the registrar including the management of the Registry Relations, Customer Relationships, and Billing Relationships teams and provides industry expertise, knowledge, and direction. This role works closely with our internal teams and departments in a collaborative nature to brainstorm solutions and drive the strategic direction of the registrar while making sure that compliance is met. If you are a team leader, visionary, internet savvy, self-motivated, enjoy learning, and not afraid of a challenge, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build, develop and lead the teams of Registry Relationship Manager(s), Registry Customer Manager(s), and Billing Relationship Manager(s).
- Direct, manage and establish functions and responsibilities for each departmental role.
- Establish and maintain goals and objectives for each departmental role.
- Provide training and directional guidance to each role.
- Develop and provide an operational strategy for the Registrar to the management team by forecasting operational needs; identifying resources to meet future growth and demand, foreseeing pitfalls and setting up processes and procedures to avoid those pitfalls.
- Serve as the escalation manager for the team.
- Develop Policies and Procedures for the operation of the Registrar teams.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive registrar initiatives.
- Own and develop internal databases.
Background and Required Skills
- 10+ years of extensive work experience in relationship-focused management (B2B) roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent registrar experience.
- Proactive team leader with the ability to lead a dynamic team, provide industry expertise, work with internal and external teams in a collaborative manner to solve problems.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, be flexible, take ownership, and provide end-to-end resolutions.
- Possess self-awareness and an ability to be self-critical and self-correcting.
- Possess the following skills: excellent verbal and written communication, time management, attention to detail, punctuality, organization, prioritization, consultative and analytical.
- Ability to translate technical processes into easily understood information to internal teams and external customers and stakeholders.
- Work with an international vendor base, which will require schedule flexibility to adhere to different time zones.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of technology, SaaS system, and MS Office Products.
- Experience in the domain name industry is required.
- Bilingual or multilingual skills are a plus.
This job is located in Boise, Idaho.
Join Our Team
We strive for a professional yet fun and casual atmosphere. We believe a company is either moving forward or moving backward – there’s no middle ground and, of course, we aim to continually move forward. We not only desire to exceed our customers’ expectations, but we also want to consistently impress them with the level of receptiveness, care, and dedication to help them solve problems. At the end of the day, we want our customer contacts to become the heroes in their own organizations.
Inclusion and diversity are important to us. Appdetex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.